Sunday, May 22, 2011

OWH Sketch #70

Good morning everyone! This Sunday's sketch challenge from OWH was a fun one. At first I pondered what I would use as a focal point and then I remembered I had purchased die cuts to make a big flower which I have been wanting to try for sometime. 

Here is the sketch:



 and here is my creation:

The DP is from DCWV's Linen Closet; the cardstock is Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea; the leaves cut with a Sissix die cut from unknown cardstock scrap; Spellbinder's Posy Patch dies from Heartfelt Creations; and some brads from my stash. I like that the flower has dimension, but will still go into an envelope and look good when it comes out of the envelope at its destination.

Here's wishing for a wonderful week for you. Don't forget the OWH MEMORIAL DAY BLOG HOP is next weekend! Blessings,
                                          

13 comments:

  1. Love your card. The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! Your card is beautiful. I've recently started using Heartfelt stamps and I have the posy patch dies - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, your card is just so pretty. Anyone would love to receive this! That flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, I love this card. The die cuts are fabulous and I adore your strip punch. Great colors. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise--Love your card, so fresh, so pretty. No sentiment needed! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Louise!! That flower is fabulous - I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful. You did a wonderful job with the die cut flower and the colors are perfect. I get inspired when I see your work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is wonderful! I love the DP and colors and that flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flower! It really makes a beautiful focal point and you coordinated everything so beautifully. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Louise! That flower is awesome! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Louise, your card is lovely! The flower is awesome and the plaid paper is like a garden lattice in the background. Would love to see how you made the flower!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by.