Sunday, May 29, 2011

IT IS SNOWING TODAY and I am crafting! OWH Sketch Challenge 71

IF YOU ARE ON THE OWH MEMORIAL DAY BLOG HOP, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN A  LITTLE TO SEE MY ENTRY!

Who can believe that it would snow on Memorial Day weekend when we are supposed to be barbequing, but here is the picture taken from my craft  area window earlier today! That "foggy, blurry" look is snow falling through the air! Can you believe it? At 5:30 this morning, I was outside in my robe taking down my hanging baskets of flowers and pulling in the flats of petunias to be planted this afternoon. Since that is not going to happen, it is time to craft!


Here is today's sketch:

and here is my card:

The flower is a digi stamp being offered as a Dollar Digi for $1.00 at Stretch and Bubbles. I colored it with Copics and used brown Liquid Applique in the center. It was a fun digi to work with, it was easy to do, and I feel like I ended up with a beautiful flower. The CS is Gina K Designs Sweet Corn, Cranberry Tart, and Black Onyx; the DP is from the Best of  K&Co collection. The ribbon is from my stash.

Here's hoping you have a really wonderful week!
                                                                                 




11 comments:

  1. That beautiful flower sure doesn't know it's snowing, lol! Great card, Louise! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're headline got my attention! Snow? Yikes. I hope you are at least able to enjoy your crafting time. This card came out lovely and that floral digi make a great focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon at Desert Rose OutpostMay 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM

    Love your card, especially how you used the flower. Sorry about the snow but it is a good reason to stay in and craft. Cold, windy and cloudy here in the desert only 63 today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather this spring has been crazy but snow on Memorial Day!? WOW!!
    Well your cheery card with the pretty flower makes up for it all :) I love the liquid applique in the center!
    Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the flower and the wonderful dimension! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise, This is a very nice card. I really like the colors and the paper. I also wanted to comment on your Blog Hop Card. WOW Gorgeous. You said you were going for special. You did it and then some. Very, Very nice. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is such a beautiful card.. thank you so much for letting me know you used the dollar digi on it.. I love the dimension on your creation.. way to make this card rock.. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess the weather is turning your thoughts to flowers hopefully! Well, this is a beauty and well done.
    Wish I could trade places as in MD we're having a 90 degree heat spell the past couple days...
    it was 100 today on my front porch! I'm a shutin as well because of this, so what better can we do than make cards for heroes! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love it! You can keep the snow. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's so much warmth and texture in this card! The flower is just gorgeous, Louise!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by.