Monday, March 1, 2010

Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #6

Here is another fun challenge brought to us by Stars and Stamps and Velda who designed our layout. I was surprised when I looked at the card and got the illusion that the designer paper was cut away rather than the oval flower being placed on top of square paper. It was a simple and quick, but fun, card to make. In retrospect, the bow is too large for the card, but it was already stuck down – and I wish I had every card I have ruined by trying to tweak it after it was completed – Sandy, Kris, and Dixie would each need an extra person to help them for a week!!! (LOL)

Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:

Stamps: Floral Digi (Fred She Said), Sentiment was done on computer
Paper: Latte Stack (DCWV), Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), V12, V15, G24 (Copic)
Accessories: Ribbon (unknown)

Thank you for coming by – I hope you had as much fun seeing the card as I did making it. Please feel free to leave a comment - I am always happy to read them.

10 comments:

  1. I really like the effect, you're right the oval almost does look like it was cut out. I don;t mind the size of the bow on it at all, but I can truly relate to the experience of "not leaving well enough alone" and ruining a card because of it. I try to force myself not to dwell on it and move on to the next card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you used an oval, instead of the square! It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look with the oval is splendid. I always like to have a little twist and my own personality to add to a sketch.
    Of course, the colors are my favorite!
    Hugs,
    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  4. the oval is a great way to change it up! beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Great take on the sketch. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful, love the image and patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful. I like the colors that you combined in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I like the oval as an alternate!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! well done! Will definitely have to scraplift this idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by.