Thursday, December 9, 2010

CONGRATS OWH AND THANK YOU JOANN

We did it! OWH won the $25,000 prize from Joann.com. Can you imagine the additional possibilities that are available now to serve our heroes and our country? Congratulations to Operation Write Home and a HUGE THANK YOU to Joann Fabric and Crafts!

I made this thank you card for Joann:

The DP is from Far East by DCWV; the cardstock is Cranberry Tart and Moonlit Fog from Gina K; the ribbon is Offrey; the paper punch is Martha Stewart; the die cut is beaded ovals from Spellbinders; and the rhinestones are bulk from eBay.

I can't help but think of the possibilities of what might be done in our world by the simple actions by a group of creative individuals like you joining together for good! I find it both intriguing and exciting!

5 comments:

  1. The colors on your card are really pretty! I love the punched border and beautiful ribbon! I think it's great that OWH won 2nd prize, and wow! What a generous prize it is! I don't have time to play the challenges much anymore, but I'm still sending cards! Got another big box ready to go now as a matter of fact :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. What a great edge punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, that card is soooooo pretty! You make it sound so easy. I don't have the same tools but I might try to CASE this design if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, this card is gorgeous!! I've never tried a border punch like that one; it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Everything about this card is so pretty from the dsp used to the gorgeouse lattice punch-work!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by.